DIY blogs are such informative and rich websites that provide information about all the possible outcome of doing ‘’Do-it-yourself’’ activities. It also provides the ‘’how-to-do’’ task which is essential for our everyday life. DIY blogs are related to the broad dimension where these websites discuss lifestyle.
We will discuss home improvement, woodworking, metalworking, technology, and electronics on certain websites in the following.
What are DIY blogs?
DIY stands for ‘’Do-it-yourself”. This term used to refer to repair and to remodel the tasks for yourself and to work for full range mainstream society or non-mainstream society. Instances like social activity group, political groups, and free art, music, film.
The idea is you have to do it yourself without any co-operation of professionals. The activity of doing or repairing things around your home that you can recycle and arranging things just like the way professionals do or at their closest.
Influences of DIY blogs upon enthusiasts
A result of the DIY blog is various. DIY blogs explain the lifestyle that we usually lead in everyday life but with much creativity. DIY blogs explain how to make things more efficiently, and they demonstrate the abstract knowledge of doing the things more accurately like the professionals.
Many websites such as about home decorating, Fashion, crafts, latest trending, woodworking, arranging bridal and marriage petals, furniture, own style of making different things through their imagination and creativity.
Some of the top DIY blogs are listed below.
Different types of DIY blogs
Below are some top DIY blogs mentioned:
1. Do It Yourself – How Does She
This blog aim is to empower and inspire woman in diverse activities. They have professionals from all over the United States and Canada to operate their business.
They’re committed to bringing you DIY projects, crafts, family fun ideas, delicious recipes, and strategies to help you raise a beautiful family.
- Started: 2009
- Post: 1-2 per week
- Location: USA & Canada
- Facebook followers: They have 2,187,236 followers. Through their Facebook, they expect to extend their activities and dedication to their customers.
- Twitter: They have 8K followers. Their post comes about a week or 2-3 days later.
- Instagram: They have 122k followers and post comes per day.
- Website: https://howdoesshe.com
2. Ugly Duckling House
This blog started the day owner of the blog moving towards Atlanta, Georgia. Owner of the site name is Sarah. Her blog is full of projects she has been doing with instructions, pictures, Videos, and the combination of humor. She promotes other to do what she does. She thinks if she can do the projects anyone can do it.
- Post: 1
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Facebook followers: They have 4k Followers. The job comes per day.
- Instagram: 8.5k followers and post come per day.
- Website: https://www.uglyducklinghouse.com
3. Centsational style
This blog is for design lover or interior designer who loves to act in their creativity. The blog owner is Kate Riley who is a design lover, renovator, DIYer. The focus here is to inspire people in creating the design, small home improvements and covering enough decorating ideas. Kate is always sharing her thoughts and home improvement projects through her websites.
- Started: 2006
- Post: Post comes after three days.
- Location: Northern California.
- Facebook followers: They have 57,062
- Twitter: They have 32k followers.
- Website: https://centsationalstyle.com
4. Young House Love
This blog’s owners are expert DIYers, and their projects come from redesigning floor plans to decorating and arranging rooms. Owners are both husband and wife. When starting their blog, they had three renovated homes, several books and designing their products and sold at target. They have such projects that didn’t work entirely, and they want to promote that often DIYer can struggle as well.
- Started: 2007
- Posts: Post comes about one week or per 2-4 days.
- Location: Richmond, Virginia.
- Facebook followers: They have 178k followers. The post comes per day.
- Twitter: They have 29.7k followers. The post comes per day.
- Instagram: They have 234k followers. The post comes per day.
- Website: https://www.younghouselove.com
This blog starts with an interior designer whose motto is recycling everything and how to reuse it. Owner of the blog is Cassity. Their project demonstrates with lots of video information, instructions, and photos. They included interior and exterior design on their website. They also told about their specific projects activity, how long it would take to do a project properly.
- Post per week:
- Facebook followers: They have 560k followers. Multiple posts per day.
- Instagram: They have 121k followers. 2 posts per day.
- Twitter: They have 11k followers. Multiple posts per day.
- Website: https://www.remodelaholic.com/
6. Old Town Home
Having bought their first house in early 2003, they started their journey after 12 years of their homeownership. After a year of facing challenges, they decided to share their story of DIY adventures. So, others can learn things from them. They mostly do the interior decoration and renovation for their followers.
- Posts: 2-3 in a month.
- Facebook followers: They have 1.5k followers. The post comes about 1-2 per day.
- Instagram: They have 2.6k followers. The post comes.
- Twitter: They have 1k followers. The post comes per 2-3 days.
- Website: https://oldtownhome.com/
7. The Design Confidential
Ryan is the founder of this blog. A DIY and design shelter blog where mainly she discusses her interior design. She is passionate about handmade objects, and her specialty is excellent hand making objects and furniture, thinking private, exceptional and detailed instructions given on her blog for the followers.
- Post: 2 per month.
- Facebook followers: They have 28k followers. Usually, two posts per month, If they get a new project in hand.
- Instagram: They have 49k followers. Generally, two jobs per month if they get a new project in hand.
- Twitter: They have 2.1k followers. 2 posts per month.
- Website: https://www.thedesignconfidential.com/
8. Manhattan Nest
This blog is all about interior design, Home renovations. The owner of this website is Daniel. He collects old antique things and turns them into the new object. He is obsessed with the interior design.
- Started: 2010
- Post: Per week.
- Location: Manhattan
- Facebook followers: 8k followers and growing. One post per week.
- Instagram: 18.6k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Twitter: 3.3k followers. The post comes per day.
- Website: http://www.manhattan-nest.com
9. House tweaking
The blog owner is Dana. The blog started with the passion for rebuilding her first and second home. Then she exchanged her McMansion home to a 1950’s antique home which was abundant with old things. She organized, decorate all the items and turned them into a sparkly new object. You can find a lot of interior design related post in her blog.
- Started: 2002
- Post: Per month.
- Instagram: They have 73k followers. Usually, two posts per month, if they get a new project in hand.
- Twitter: They have 1.8k followers.
- Website: http://www.housetweaking.com
10. 320 Sycamore
The blog owner is Melissa. Her passion and dedication start from a movie called ‘’It’s a Wonderful Life”. She told that movie was about a couple who started their life journey with a wrecked house and later turned it into a piece of a home sweet home. That’s how she started her blog. A blog is all about interior design.
- Started: 2008
- Post: Every other day.
- Website: http://www.320sycamoreblog.com/
11. DIY Playbook
Meet Casey and Bridget. The blog wasn’t just created overnight. It was the fruitful result of these friends who wanted to open a mutual interior design blog. They are just obsessive about making the interior design more elegant and making it easy for the followers.
- Started: 2013.
- Post: 2 per day.
- Location: Chicago
- Facebook followers: They have 8.5k followers. The post comes two per day.
- Instagram: They have 38k followers. The post comes per day.
- Twitter: They have 1.9k followers. The post comes two per day.
- Website: https://www.thediyplaybook.com
12. with heart
The blog owner is Jen. She believes ‘’A House” should tell your story. Jen was a reporter and an award-winning anchor, but now she revolves around interior house design. She will help you make a beautiful home with interior decorations which might make your guests and family members bamboozled. Jen has video and print tutorials as well.
- Post: Per month.
- Facebook followers: 4k followers. The post comes per week.
- Twitter: 3.5k followers. The post comes per month if she gets a new project.
- Website: http://www.withheart.com/
13. For the makers
The blog owner is Janet. She considers DIY should be fun to work with and she believes in making new things by self-esteem. Janet thinks if you can make a tiny little something then you should consider making it bigger. She aims at creating stuff by discovering and designing the object you find.
- Facebook followers: They have 3.4k followers. The post usually comes per month.
- Instagram: 4k followers. The post comes 4-5 per month if they have a project in hands.
- Twitter: 1.4k followers. The post comes thrice or twice per month.
- Website: https://www.forthemakers.com
14. Dream Green DIY
Carrie Waller believes in making the tiny little things into some most significant investment that you wouldn’t even expect to see. She has studio art and art history background which helps her contemplating new things sort out the messy wrecked object into a piece of work and creativity.
- Started: 2011
- Location: Virginia.
- Facebook followers: 3k followers. The post comes per day.
- Instagram: 16.4k followers. The post comes every week.
- Twitter: 2.5k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Website: https://www.dreamgreendiy.com/
The blog owner is Julia. She has varieties of design and arts that will blow your mind. Dresser makeover, Different Curtain paintings are some mentionable arts she has created so far. She used to study in art school when she was a teenager. Julia is from Germany. She believes in making the smallest things by turning it into possible and beautiful things.
- Post: 2 per week.
- Location: Germany.
- Facebook followers: 8K followers. The post comes every other day.
- Instagram: 36k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Twitter: 1.2k followers. The post comes per week.
- Website: http://www.cuckoo4design.com/
16. Damask Love
The blog owner is Amber. She transforms every little thing into a colorful object, such as glasses, vase, photo frame. She loves crafting. It started when she and her friend aspire to do a craft box with glitters, papers and filling each one with candies, handwritten cards. You should take a look at her website to construct and gathering your knowledge of making crafting things.
- Started: 2015
- Post: Post comes per week.
- Facebook followers: 29k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Instagram: 44k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Twitter: 2.1k followers. The post comes per month.
- Website: https://www.damasklove.com
17. Almost Makes Perfect
The blog owner is molly. Molly used to work in freelance as a designer and TV editor. She thinks she’s not perfect at making crafting. Molly learned through mistakes and still learning. She is good at crafting, cooking, decorating but sometimes mess stuff up. She thinks it is the process of making things perfect.
- Post: Post comes per week.
- Location: Los Angeles.
- Facebook followers: 8k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Instagram: 54k followers. Generally, Post comes every other day
- Twitter: 1.8k followers. The post comes twice per day.
- Website: http://www.almostmakesperfect.com/
Owner of the blog is Jan Earl. This blog is generous and abundance of stylish DIY projects. Get a hold of your hands if you’re fond of IKEA Hacks, Decoration and design, Entertaining and varieties of sneak-peak and news.
- Post per week: Every other day.
- Facebook followers: 50k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Instagram: 44k followers. The post comes every other day.
- Twitter: 36k Followers. The post comes per week
- Website: http://www.poppytalk.com/
These websites offer readers a lot of crafting ideas and techniques to repair old, worn things while helping them to turn a simple workpiece into a new potential art. You can get ideas about decorating objects just the way you like it. Each of the websites supplies tools and instructions through their views.